Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionPostcolonial Literatures in Context is a clear, accessible and concise introduction to postcolonial literatures in English (and English translation) and their wider contexts. It begins by introducing key issues involved in the study of postcolonial literature including old and new diasporas, postcolonial nationalisms, indigeus identities and politics and globalization. Close readings of commonly studied texts from and about Africa, Australia, Canada, Palestine and South Asian diasporas highlight critical questions and ways of reading postcolonial texts. A chapter on afterlives and adaptations explores a range of wider cultural texts including film, n-fiction and art. The final section introduces key critical interpretations from different perspectives including diaspora theory, feminism, indigeneity and the postcolony. 'Review, Reading and Research' sections give suggestions for further reading, discussion and research. Introducing texts, contexts and criticism, this is a lively and up-to-date resource for anyone studying postcolonial literatures.
- Author BiographyJulie Mullaney is Senior Lecturer in English at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
- Author(s)Julie Mullaney
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/02/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleTexts and Contexts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight359 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.