All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow effective are election campaign posters? Providing a unique political history, this book traces the impact that these posters as well as broadsides, banners, and billboards have had around the world over the last two centuries. It focuses on the use of this campaign material in the United States, as well as in France, Great Britain, Germany, South Africa, Japan, Mexico, and many other countries. The book examines how posters evolved and discusses their changing role in the twentieth century and thereafter; how techlogy, education, legislation, artistic movements, advertising, and political systems effected changes in election posters and other campaign media, and how they were employed around the world. This comprehensive and original overview of this campaign material includes the first extensive review of the research literature on the topic. Posters, Propaganda, and Persuasion will be useful to scholars and students interested in communications, politics, history, advertising and marketing, art history, and graphic design.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Steven A. Seidman received his Ph.D. in instructional systems technology from Indiana University, Bloomington. Since 1984, he has been on the faculty of the Roy H. Park School of Communications of Ithaca College, where he is an associate professor of communication management and design and currently Chair of the Department of Strategic Communication. Among his many published works are articles in the Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media, the Journal of Visual Literacy, the International Journal of Instructional Media, and Educational Technology Research & Development.
- Author(s)Steven A. Seidman
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight510 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.83Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.