All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays focuses on the work of James D. Marshall, who has been active in the philosophy of education for three decades. * Deals with Marshall's long-standing criticism of the public education system in New Zealand * Discusses his work considering the relevance of Wittgenstein and Foucault for philosophy of education. * Features tributes to Marshall in the form of interviews and testimonials. * Contains remarks from Marshall himself in response to the commentaries of his colleagues.
- Author BiographyPaul Smeyers is Professor at K. U. Leuven (Belgium) where he teaches philosophy of education and qualitative research methods at the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences. He published extensively on Wittgenstein, Anglo-Saxon philosophy of education, postmodernism and on the nature of educational research. He heads the research community Philosophy and History of the Discipline of Education: Evaluation and evolution of the criteria for scientific research, which was established by The National Fund for Scientific Research, Flanders, Belgium (Fonds voor Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek - Vlaanderen) since 1999 involving 15 centres world-wide. Michael A. Peters is Professor of Education at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Visiting Professor at the University of Glasgow, Adjunct Professor of Education at the University of Auckland and Adjunct Professor of Communication Studies at the Auckland University of Technology (NZ). He is executive editor of Educational Philosophy and Theory and co-editor of two international online-only journals, Policy Futures in Education and E-Learning. He has authored or edited over 30 books in these fields.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/03/2006
- Series TitleEducational Philosophy and Theory Special Issues
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note1 port.
- Weight386 g
- Width174 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byMichael A. Peters,Paul Smeyers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.