All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Postgraduate Research in Business, Sarah Quinton and Teresa Smallbone provide a vital introduction to the research process and the thinking and learning skills needed to successfully complete postgraduate research. In step-by-step terms, the authors detail the 'tools of the trade' - the practical and the intellectual skills - that underpin the study of Business and Management, from research skills and project planning to strategies for reading, writing and presentation. Postgraduate Research in Business provides: A student-friendly guide to thinking critically about Business and Management research Guidance on the best way to approach research A clear focus on finding research topics and developing them in to dissertations Essential help in forging critical reading skills Helpful advice on making your research project manageable An inside view on the assumptions and requirements of post graduate research in business Structured support for writing up your research This is essential reading for any student doing an MBA, an MA, or starting a PhD in Business or Management Studies. It will provide a vital supplement to the plethora of textbooks in Business and Research Methods.
- Author BiographyTeresa teaches on a range of undergraduate and graduate business degree programmes, while pursuing academic research interests in marketing and consumer buying behaviour. Background in magazine and newspaper publishing, and directing research programmes for consumer organisations. Has worked on a consultancy basis for a number of years for the UK Department of the Environment (DEFRA), and the National Consumer Council. Member of the Advisory Committee on Consumer Products and the Environment (advises DEFRA on sustainable consumption issues) Currently teaches second year marketing undergraduates marketing, consumer behaviour and marketing research. Teaches MSc International Management students research methods. Supervises undergraduate and Masters dissertations. Teresa is a member of the editorial Board of the 'Journal Business Strategy and the Environment'. Research interests include the impact of consumer patterns on sustainable development in the UK, focussing on the environmental and social impact, and efforts to use market-based policy instruments to change consumption patterns. Pedagogic research focuses on research into student learning.
- Author(s)Sarah Quinton,Teresa Smallbone
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication08/03/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleSage Study Skills Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.