All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPostgreSQL is a powerful, open source, enterprise database.This PostgreSQL 9 Administration Cookbook LITE book describes key aspects of the PostgreSQL open source database system. The book will help a sysadmin or DBA with key administration issues in PostgreSQL: configuration, monitoring and diagsis, and setting up regular maintenance. This hands-on guide will assist developers working on live databases supporting web or enterprise software applications. To find out more about upgrading to the full edition, visit www.packtpub.com/lite-editions and log into your account for offers and help. If you don't have an account on PacktPub.com, visit today and set one up!
- Author BiographySimon Riggs is CTO of 2ndQuadrant and an active PostgreSQL committer. He has contributed to open source PostgreSQL as a major developer for more than 10 years, having written and designed many new features in every release over that period. Feature credits include replication, performance, business intelligence, management, and security. Under his guidance, 2ndQuadrant is now the leading developer of open source PostgreSQL and a Platinum Sponsor of the PostgreSQL project, serving hundreds of clients in the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa. Simon is a frequent speaker at many conferences and is well known for his talks on PostgreSQL futures and different aspects of replication. He has also worked with many different databases as a developer, architect, data analyst, and designer with companies across the US and Europe for nearly 30 years. Hannu Krosing was a PostgreSQL user before it was rewritten to use SQL as its main query language in 1995. Therefore, he has both the historic perspective of its development, as well as almost 20 years of experience in using it to solve various real-life problems. He was the first database administrator and database architect at Skype, where he invented the sharding language PL/Proxy that allows you to scale the user database in order to work with billions of users. After he left Skype at the end of 2006-about a year after it was bought by eBay-he has been working as a PostgreSQL consultant with 2ndQuadrant, the premier PostgreSQL consultancy with a global reach and local presence in most parts of the world. He has coauthored PostgreSQL 9 Administration Cookbook, Packt Publishing, together with one of the main PostgreSQL developers, Simon Riggs.
- Author(s)Hannu Krosing,Simon Riggs
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.