All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how oxidative stress affects fresh fruits and vegetables--and how to inhibit this process! This vital book brings together internationally respected authorities who share their experiences, insights, and approaches to postharvest oxidative stress. It examines the factors that induce oxidative stress and the processes by which oxidative stress affects the quality, shelf life, and nutritional value of fruits and vegetables after harvest. Postharvest Oxidative Stress in Horticultural Crops also explores regulation of oxygen species production and the function of antioxidants, and examines techlogies that can enhance the resistance of fruits and vegetables to oxidative stress. With Postharvest Oxidative Stress in Horticultural Crops, you'll examine: * the impact of various storage temperatures and atmospheres * senescence dynamics * superficial scald and other symptoms of postharvest oxidative stress * antioxidants and their role in inhibiting oxidative stress * regulation of superoxide, hydroxyl radical, and hydrogen peroxide production * physical treatments and chemical treatments that can reduce oxidative stress * genetic engineering techniques designed to combat the tendency toward postharvest oxidative stressEssential for researchers, teachers, and advanced students in plant physiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechlogy, breeding, and horticulture, Postharvest Oxidative Stress in Horticultural Crops is also vital for everyone whose day-to-day work is impacted by plant stress.
- Author(s)D. Mark Hodges
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/03/2003
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Content Noteindex
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byD. Mark Hodges
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.