All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDelving into the anarchist writings of Nietzsche, Foucault, and Baudrillard, and exploring the cyberpunk fiction of William Gibson and Bruce Sterling, theorist Lewis Call examines the new philosophical current where anarchism meets postmodernism. This theoretical stream moves beyond anarchism's conventional attacks on capital and the state to criticize those forms of rationality, consciousness, and language that implicitly underwrite all ecomic and political power. Call argues that postmodernism's timely influence updates anarchism, making it relevant to the political culture of the new millennium.
- Author BiographyLewis Call teaches world history, political economy, and the history of network technology at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
- Author(s)Lewis Call
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication04/02/2003
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight413 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.