All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe words 'postmodernism' and 'postmodernity' have become pervasive throughout the humanities, but their meanings frequently seem difficult to pin down. Anyone with an interest in contemporary culture is likely, sooner or later, to face a wide range of questions, such as: what is the postmodern? How does it relate to the world today? Have we entered a new age in which the problems facing modernity are longer relevant, or does modernity mark a new way of thinking about those same issues? How does cultural postmodernism shape our experiences of contemporary society? These are just some of the questions that are explored in this book. Postmodern Debates introduces modernity, postmodernism and postmodernity through a series of debates between prominent thinkers in literary theory, philosophy and cultural studies. The book explores this topic through thinkers who are at odds and encourages readers to consider the wide implications of postmodern thought in several areas.
- Author BiographySIMON MALPAS is Lecturer in English Literature at the University of Edinburgh, UK. He is the editor of Selected Letters of William Cowper (Carcanet Publishers, 2000).
- Author(s)Simon Malpas
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/06/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleReaders in Cultural Criticism S.
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight290 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited bySimon Malpas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.