All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNarrativism has made important contributions to the theory and philosophy of historiography but it is w time to move beyond it to postnarrativism. Kuukkanen shows how it is possible to reject the absolutist truth-functional evaluation of interpretations in historiography and yet accept that historiography can be evaluated by rational standards.
- Author BiographyJouni-Matti Kuukkanen is Associate Professor in Philosophy at the University of Oulu in Finland. He received a PhD from the University of Edinburgh and has held academic positions in the Universities of Durham and Hull in the UK and Leiden in the Netherlands. Kuukkanen has been awarded Fulbright and EURIAS fellowships and has published in leading international journals in the theory and philosophy of history.
- Author(s)Jouni-Matti Kuukkanen
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/06/2015
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight445 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.