All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionPostnatal depression affects up to 1 in 10 women after giving birth. When life is tough eugh, there are so many unanswered questions. Why me? When will I get better? How do I get better? What will make life bearable? Written by an author with first-hand experience, this book is authoritative, comforting and hopeful. It focuses on coping strategies for day-to-day life, how to approach different treatments and where to find support. Case studies are included from women who have overcome postnatal depression, as well as partners and family members accounts of the condition and input from health professionals with specialist kwledge. Each chapter has been written so readers can dip in and out, making it accessible for the whole family. Postnatal depression is a temporary illness; this book aims to help families struggling with postnatal depression by giving them the information and support to rise above the illness and create a balanced and happy home life.
- Author BiographyCatherine Burrows lives in Kent with her husband and two young children. After both her babies were born, she suffered with postnatal depression. An expert in postnatal illnesses once told her that the condition would open up new avenues in her life. After beginning a successful career as a writer and helping to make The Write Place Creative Writing School in Dartford the success it is today, Catherine feels this has come to fruition. By combining personal experience with her desire to write, she is proud to put her name to the book she wished she had read when she was ill.
- Author(s)Catherine Burrows
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width195 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.