All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its third edition, this classic volume characterizes the science and techlogy of the poultry industry today, defines the breadth and scope of the overall problems in the industry, and points out areas where more research is needed. With special attention to recent changes in the industry, the nearly two dozen updated chapters of Poultry Products Techlogy provide a comprehensive overview of the field, examining topics which deal with the processing, handling, marketing, and preparation of poultry meat, products, and by-products. Poultry Products Techlogy provides up-to-date information and references for food scientists, food techlogists, dieticians, and others trained in the food service industry, who will at some point handle poultry products. This book supplies kwledge about how poultry and eggs are processed and prepared and how they can be used for optimum portions and services. The breadth of topics covered, as listed below, make it an ideal text for those just entering the field, for individuals who wish to learn about the work in a particular area before starting extensive research, and for those in the industry who require specific information for making decisions and projecting plans for the future: * quality identification--grades and standards * quality maintenance--handling and processing poultry and eggs to prevent grade losses * chemical and nutritive characteristics of poultry meat and eggs * microbiology of eggs and poultry meat * methods of preservation--freezing, drying, refrigeration, radiation, canning, smoking * cooking poultry meat and eggs * handling and uses of inedible by-products * methods of analysis of eggs and egg productsDuring the last twenty years, the consumption of poultry meat has and continues to increase while the consumption of eggs has steadily decreased, yet both are still considered good ecomic and dietary values. This classic volume is intended for poultry and food techlogy students, but with its new, timely examples, it can be used as a general reference book for those who need quick general kwledge in a specific area of the poultry industry.
- Author(s)Carmen Parkhurst,Vivian E. Mountney
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/1995
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Weight861 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.