All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWidely regarded as one of the classics of post--war historical writing, this book shows how central the role of poverty has been throughout the history of Europe. * A history of poverty in Europe covering over 1000 years. * Translated into Italian, French, German, Spanish and Japanese. * High profile author -- a leading member of solidarity and professor at the College de France.
- Author BiographyBronislaw Geremek was lecturer at the Sorbonne (1960--1965) were he also directed the Centre for Polish Civilization until 1966. In 1965 he was appointed head of the Research Unit on the History of Medieval Culture at the Polish Academy of Sciences. For the next twenty years he was closely involved in dissident circles in Poland, taking a central role in the founding of the Solidarity trade union in Gdansk in the early 1980s. Professor Geremek still plays an important role in Polanda s politics while now continuing his teaching and research both in Warsaw and in Paris.
- Author(s)Bronislaw Geremek
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/1997
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight402 g
- Width157 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byAgnreszka Kolakowska
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.