All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobally, there are many table intervention programmes serving impoverished families, but few are specific to the Middle East region. This book focuses on the effects of a high quality home-education intervention programme for families living in persistent poverty in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Research evidence demonstrates that the Mother-Child Home Education Programme (MOCEP) is a powerful tool for improving children's pre-readiness abilities and parental child-rearing behaviours and strategies. As a result of the successful implementation of the programme, families living in poverty are empowered with new perceptions, ideals, goals, and opportunities that improve their lives. The book also discusses different types of intervention and suggests the need for improved standards based on clearly demonstrated key criteria for defining and implementing successful future intervention programmes for families at risk.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Julie Hadeed is the Founder/Director of the Mother-Child Home Education Programme (MOCEP) and the Bahrain Montessori Centre (BMC), Institute for Teacher Training and Research, in the Kingdom of Bahrain. She received her Ph.D. in early childhood development and psychology from the Institute of Education, University of London, United Kingdom. She has published (both in English and Arabic) several articles in professional journals, which pertain to early childhood education and development in the Middle East region.
- Author(s)Julie Hadeed
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill., tables and graphs
- Weight420 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.