All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPoverty remains one of the greatest problems of our time, causing starvation and humiliation in poor countries and contributing to problems of conflict, migration and environmental degradation effecting also richer countries. This study provides a systematical analysis of today's dor strategies for development cooperation, which unite around the goal of poverty reduction. The most recent strategies of the World Bank and the German, British and Swedish official development agencies are compared and evaluated. Their broad consensus on goals and conceptual elements is comprehensively presented. Differences in accentuations regarding beneficiaries and implementation methods are highlighted. An empirical study of the poverty focus in project evaluations of the German Financial Cooperation rounds off the analysis by exemplarily pointing at the practical implications of the new strategies.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Philipp Kircher studied Economic Engineering in the diploma program of the University of Karlsruhe, Germany, and Business Administration in the masters program of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA. During an internship at the Kreditanstalt fuer Wiederaufbau he developed the initial ideas for this study. The thesis was evolved in cooperation with the Ibero-America Institute on Economic Research at the University of Goettingen. The author currently conducts research at the University of Bonn.
- Author(s)Philipp Albert Theodor Kircher
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleGottinger Studien zur Entwicklungsokonomik Gottingen Studies in Development Economics
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig. and tab.
- Weight450 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.