All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the growth of regional identities worldwide, the Mediterranean Basin is emerging as an entity in its own right. This book, a unique collaboration among social scientists around the entire Mediterranean littoral, covers Southern Europe, Turkey, the Balkans, North Africa, and the Near East. Leading ecomists, sociologists and social policy experts document with new and up-to-date empirical material the changing profiles of poverty and social deprivation. The result is a thought-provoking comparison of the extent, severity and structural causes of poverty and social inequality, and the huge diversity of public responses to the challenges they pose.
- Author BiographyMaria Petmesidou and Christos Papatheodorou are respectively professor and assistant professor of Social Policy at Democritus University of Thrace.
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleInternational Studies in Poverty Research
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byChristos Papatheodorou,Maria Petmesidou
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.