All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPower Conversion of Renewable Energy Systems presents an introduction to conventional energy conversion components and systems, as well as those related to renewable energy. This volume introduces systems first, and then in subsequent chapters describes the components of energy systems in detail. Readers will find examples of renewable and conventional energy and power systems, including energy conversion, variable-speed drives and power electronics, in addition to magnetic devices such as transformers and rotating machines. Applications of PSpice, MATLAB, and Mathematica are also included, along with solutions to over 100 application examples. Power Conversion of Renewable Energy Systems aims to instruct readers how to actively apply the theories discussed within. It would be an ideal volume for researchers, students and engineers working with energy systems and renewable energy.
- Author BiographyEwald F. Fuchs is Professor of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering at the University of Colorado at Boulder. He received his Dipl.-Ing. degree from the University of Stuttgart, Germany in electrical engineering in 1967 and his PhD from the University of Colorado in 1970 - followed by 8 years' industrial experience at Siemens AG in Erlangen and Mulheim/Ruhr, Germany. Dr. Fuchs has published 95 refereed journal articles and 90 refereed conference papers in the areas of power quality, energy conversion, power systems and renewable energy. He is the co-author of Power Quality in Power Systems and Electric Machines (Academic Press/Elsevier, 2008). He is Fellow of IEEE. Mohammad A.S. Masoum is Associate Professor and Discipline Leader for Power Systems Engineering at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Curtin University, Perth, Australia. He received his BSc, MSc and PhD degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Colorado in 1983, 1985 and 1991, respectively. Dr. Masoum has published 55 refereed journal articles and 97 refereed conference papers in the areas of power quality, energy conversion, power systems and renewable energy. He is the co-author of Power Quality in Power Systems and Electric Machines (Academic Press/Elsevier, 2008). He is Senior Member of IEEE.
- Author(s)Ewald F. Fuchs,Mohammad A. S. Masoum
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note35 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1068 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.