Power Foods: 150 Delicious Recipes with the 38 Healthiest Ingredients by Editors of Whole Living Magazine (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany of our favorite ingredients such as berries, tomatoes, and nuts are among the healthiest foods on earth, and by simply incorporating more of them into our everyday meals, we can all lead healthier lives. Here are 150 fantastic ways to help you do just that. Organized into chapters on breakfast, snacks, sandwiches, soups, salads, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts, the recipes are accompanied by simple instructions and beautiful photographs to keep you inspired to eat well at any time of the day. Stay motivated with tempting recipes such as: Breakfast: Pecan Pancakes with Mixed Berry Compote; Mushroom and Scallion FrittataStarters and Snacks: Sweet Potato Hummus; Beet ChipsSandwiches and Wraps: Salmon Salad and Curried Egg on Multigrain Bread; Kiwifruit Summer RollSoups and Stews: Golden Pepper Soup; Chili with Chicken and BeansSalads: Quia and Corn Salad with Pumpkin Seeds; Endive, Avocado, and Grapefruit SaladMain Dishes: Citrus-Roasted Salmon with Spring Pea Sauce; Soba Noodle, Tofu, and Vegetable Stir-fry; Turkey Cutlets with Tomatoes and CapersSide Dishes: Cauliflower and Barley Salad with Toasted Almonds; Edamame SuccotashDesserts: Lemon Cream with Blackberries; Double Dark Chocolate and Ginger Biscotti Beyond these wonderful recipes, the editors of Whole Living magazine include research-backed information about the health benefits and disease-fighting properties of 38 power foods, along with nutritional data and helpful tips on storing, preparing, and cooking them. In this one-stop resource, you ll learn all about stocking a healthy pantry, eating seasonally, understanding food labels, and when it s best to splurge for organic ingredients. These 38 Power Foods are: . Asparagus . Artichokes . Avocados . Beets . Bell Peppers . Broccoli . Brussels Sprouts . Carrots . Kale . Mushrooms . Spinach . Sweet Potatoes . Swiss Chard . Tomatoes . Winter Squash . Apricots . Berries . Citrus . Kiwifruits . Papayas . Pears . Brown Rice . Oats . Quia . Dried Beans . Green Peas . Soybeans/Edamame . Almonds . Pecans . Pistachios . Walnuts . Flaxseed . Pumpkin Seeds . Eggs . Yogurt . Sablefish . Rainbow Trout . Wild Alaskan Salmon With 150 quick, flavor-packed recipes using the 38 healthiest foods nature has to offer, Power Foods makes eating well simple and more delicious than ever before.
- Author BiographyWHOLE LIVING magazine, a Martha Stewart Living publication, encourages and inspires its readers to lead balanced, authentic lives that express their values through their choices and actions, and provides them with the information they need to care for themselves, their families, and the planet in a way that is natural, sustainable, and personally satisfying. MARTHA STEWART is the author of dozens of bestselling books on cooking, entertaining, gardens, weddings, and decorating. She is the host of The Martha Stewart Show, the popular daily syndicated television program.
- Author(s)Editors of Whole Living Magazine
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClarkson Potter
- Content Note250 Four-Colour Photographs
- Weight1107 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.