All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPower Games is a brilliant exploration of the psychodynamic strategies unconsciously enacted to spare the person the imagined pain and frustration of an authentic encounter. Although such strategic power operations can be characterological, they do t have to be: all people, even those rare individuals who are capable of ongoing intimacy, are forced at moments of fraility or interpersonal indecisiveness to play power games, and certainly the culture at large pervasively sponsors the enactment of opportunistic interpersonal strategies. In this new book, Gerald Alper, whose Portrait of the Artist as a Young Patientwas called by the New England Review of Books one of the most important modern studies of the psyche of the creative personality that we have, continues his profound examination of the obstacles that stand in the path of the true intimacy.
- Author(s)Gerald Alper
- PublisherInternational Scholars Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/1999
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Place of PublicationBethesda
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInternational Scholars Publications,U.S.
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight217 g
- Width142 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.85Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.52
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.