Power Integrity Modeling and Design for Semiconductors and Systems by Ege Engin, Madhavan Swaminathan (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $211.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $190.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe First Comprehensive, Example-Rich Guide to Power Integrity Modeling Professionals such as signal integrity engineers, package designers, and system architects need to thoroughly understand signal and power integrity issues in order to successfully design packages and boards for high speed systems. Now, for the first time, there's a complete guide to power integrity modeling: everything you need to kw, from the basics through the state of the art. Using realistic case studies and downloadable software examples, two leading experts demonstrate today's best techniques for designing and modeling interconnects to efficiently distribute power and minimize ise. The authors carefully introduce the core concepts of power distribution design, systematically present and compare leading techniques for modeling ise, and link these techniques to specific applications. Their many examples range from the simplest (using analytical equations to compute power supply ise) through complex system-level applications. The authors * Introduce power delivery network components, analysis, high-frequency measurement, and modeling requirements * Thoroughly explain modeling of power/ground planes, including plane behavior, lumped modeling, distributed circuit-based approaches, and much more * Offer in-depth coverage of simultaneous switching ise, including modeling for return currents using time- and frequency-domain analysis * Introduce several leading time-domain simulation methods, such as macromodeling, and discuss their advantages and disadvantages * Present the application of the modeling methods on several advanced case studies that include high-speed servers, high-speed differential signaling, chip package analysis, materials characterization, embedded decoupling capacitors, and electromagnetic bandgap structures This book's system-level focus and practical examples will make it indispensable for every student and professional concerned with power integrity, including electrical engineers, system designers, signal integrity engineers, and materials scientists. It will also be valuable to developers building software that helps to analyze high-speed systems.
- Author BiographyMadhavan Swaminathan received his B.E. in electronics and communication from Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirapalli, in 1985, and his M.S. and Ph.D. in electrical engineering from Syracuse University in 1989 and 1991. He is currently the Joseph M. Pettit Professor in Electronics in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering and deputy director of the Packaging Research Center, Georgia Tech. He is also the cofounder of Jacket Micro Devices, a company specializing in RF modules for wireless applications. Before joining Georgia Tech, he worked on packaging for supercomputers for IBM. Swaminathan has written more than 300 publications, holds 15 patents, and has been honored as an IEEE Fellow for his work on power delivery. A. Ege Engin received his B.S. and M.S. in electrical engineering from Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, and from the University of Paderborn, Germany. From 2001 to 2004, he was with the Fraunhofer Institute for Reliability and Microintegration in Berlin. During this time, he also received his Ph.D. from the University of Hannover, Germany. He is currently a research engineer in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering and an assistant research director of the Packaging Research Center at Georgia Tech. He has more than 50 publications in refereed journals and conferences in the areas of signal and power integrity modeling and simulation.
- Author(s)Ege Engin,Madhavan Swaminathan
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication19/11/2007
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width180 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.