All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMichael W. Apple's critical writings have been influential throughout the world. This collection brings together many of his essays on curriculum, evaluation, and critical educational and cultural theory. In clear and unmystified prose, these essays enhance our understanding of how thoroughly political educational policies and practices actually are. In the process, he illuminates the histories and realities of class, race, and gender in education. Combining work written for a broad and general audience with that aimed at those who are already grounded in the multiple traditions of critical educational studies, Apple's unique voice - nuanced, passionate, and clear - comes through.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Michael W. Apple is John Bascom Professor of Curriculum and Instruction and Educational Policy Studies at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Among his many books are Ideology and Curriculum, Education and Power, Teachers and Texts, Official Knowledge, Democratic Schools, Cultural Politics and Education, and Power/Knowledge/Pedagogy. His critical research in education has won many awards, including most recently the UCLA Medal for distinguished academic achievement.
- Author(s)Michael W. Apple
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number109
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight360 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.