All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis essential new volume provides background information, historical perspective, and expert commentary on the ASME B31.1 Code requirements for power piping design and construction. It provides the most complete coverage of the Code that is available today and is packed with additional information useful to those responsible for the design and mechanical integrity of power piping. The author, Dr. Becht, is a long-serving member of ASME piping code committees and is the author of the highly successful book, Process Piping: The Complete Guide to ASME B31.3, also published by ASME Press and w in its third edition.
Dr. Becht explains the principal intentions of the Code, covering the content of each of the Code's chapters. Book inserts cover special topics such as spring design, design for vibration, welding processes and bonding processes. Appendices in the book include useful information for pressure design and flexibility analysis as well as guidelines for computer flexibility analysis and design of piping systems with expansion joints. From the new designer wanting to kw how to size a pipe wall thickness or design a spring to the expert piping engineer wanting to understand some nuance or intent of the Code, everyone whose career involves process piping will find this to be a valuable reference.
- Author(s)Charles Becht
- PublisherAmerican Society of Mechanical Engineers,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFairfield
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Society of Mechanical Engineers,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight898 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.