All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
About this product
- DescriptionBen Bova, six-time winner of the Hugo Award, brings us a fascinating look at the future in Power Play. Astromer Jake Ross wants thing more than to teach a few university classes each semester and continue his research. However, Frank Tomlinson, an ambitious politician with his eye on the U.S. senate, is determined to land Dr. Ross as his science advisor.Tomlinson is in need of an edge that will allow him to defeat his opponent at the polls, and Dr. Ross can contribute just that edge with a new invation that will allow electricity to be generated at less than half the price of nuclear power. But the techlogy is still in its infancy, and although the outlook is extremely promising, there are great---and deadly---risks.Dr. Ross soon discovers that the world of politics carries its own dangers. Nothing has prepared Dr. Ross for the extreme tactics that desperate and powerful people are willing to use.
- Author BiographyBen Bova is a six-time winner of the Hugo Award, a former editor of Analog , former editorial director of Omni , and a past president of both the National Space Society and the Science Fiction Writers of America. Bova is the author of more than a hundred works of science fact and fiction. He lives in Florida.
- Author(s)Dr Ben Bova
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication29/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleTor Science Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Weight195 g
- Width108 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.