All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionPower, Politics, and the Missouri Syd follows the rise of two Lutheran clergymen - Herman Otten and J. A. O. Preus - who led different wings of a conservative movement that seized control of a theologically conservative but socially and politically moderate church demination (LCMS) and drove moderates from the church in the 1970s. The schism within what was then one of the largest Protestant deminations in the United States ultimately reshaped the landscape of American Lutheranism and fostered the polarization that characterizes today's Lutheran churches.
- Author BiographyJames C. Burkee is Associate Professor of History at Concordia University Wisconsin, where he teaches modern American political and religious history. He is a frequent contributor to national newspapers on political and historical matters, including USA Today, the Los Angeles Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, The Hill, and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Author(s)James C. Burkee
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight85 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.