All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned primarily as a textbook for senior undergraduate students pursuing courses in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, this book gives the basic kwledge required for power system planning, operation and control. The contents of the book are presented in simple, precise and systematic manner with lucid explanation so that the readers can easily understand the underlying principles. The book deals with the per phase analysis of balanced three-phase system, per unit values and application including modelling of generator, transformer, transmission line and loads. It explains various methods of solving power flow equations and discusses fault analysis (balanced and unbalanced) using bus impedance matrix. It describes various concepts of power system stability and explains numerical methods such as Euler method, modified Euler method and Runge-Kutta methods to solve Swing equation. Besides, this book includes flow chart for computing symmetrical and unsymmetrical fault current, power flow studies and for solving Swing equation. It is also fortified with a large number of solved numerical problems and short-answer questions with answers at the end of each chapter to reinforce the students understanding of concepts. This textbook would also be useful to the postgraduate students of power systems engineering as a reference.
- Author BiographyS. Ramar is Professor and Head of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at SACS M.A.V.M.M. Engineering College, Madurai. Earlier, he was Chief Engineer, Central Electricity Authority. He has thirty years of experience in designing of hydro-electric projects, generation planning, and power systems planning, operation and control. Professor Ramar was also associated with more than seventy generation projects and fifty transmission schemes executed under public and private sectors. A member of Indian Society for Technical Education, and Fellow of Institutions of Engineers (India), he is also visiting faculty to National Power Training Institute, Bangalore and Indian Institute for Production Management, Rourkela. He has published/presented several papers in national and international journals/conferences and authored three books on Power systems. S. Kuruseelan is Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam, Erode.
- Author(s)S. Kuruseelan,S. Ramar
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.