All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
About this product
- DescriptionAn interdisciplinary analysis of the ways in which symbolic acts create social rms, Power and Legitimacy is an important contribution to the growing body of scholarship on law and literature. Drawing on the theoretical insights of Judith Butler and Pierre Bourdieu, Anne Quema demonstrates the effect of symbolic violence on the creation of social and political legitimacy. Examining modern jurisprudence theory, statutory law, and the family within the modern Gothic vel, Quema shows how the forms and effects of political power transform as one shifts from discourse to discourse. An impressive integration of the scholarship in these three fields, Power and Legitimacy is a thought-provoking analysis of the basis of power and the law.
- Author BiographyAnne Quema is a professor in the Department of English and Theatre at Acadia University.
- Author(s)Anne Quema
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication24/02/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight700 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.