Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionNo parent is perfect, but all of us can do better! Child raising is one day at a time - best done with love's constancy and wisdom drawn from experience and research. Essentials include food for healthy growth, abiding love for nurture and self-confidence, stimulation of mind for learning gain, and emotional support to develop social skills that are so critical for friendships, formal learning, and purposeful living. The following themes run through the POWERFUL POTENTIAL of PARENT(S): Parent impact is greatest in childhood; parent potential continues throughout life. Each life stage builds upon the previous one; early childhood home experiences are foundational. Every adult is a unique mentor and role model; two parent(s) double the messages to offspring. Body, mind, emotion, and spirit interact; internal and external forces affect all humans. Child rearing works on probability theory; positive outcomes increase when brought up right. Each generation sets the course for the next one; this ongoing cycle bridges past to present and to future. Practical recommendations are laid out in handbook format (61 pages) for every stage of human growth; they can serve as a referent checklist. Also, each chapter ends with reflective questions that encourage introspection and promote meaningful dialogue. The writing is an easy read. In sum, this book is filled with wisdom of the ages as well as what recent research confirms as sound parenting practices. This truth holds throughout: A child's parent is the first, best, and only lifelong teacher.
- Author(s)Donald R Draayer Ed D
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.