Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This book is a modern catalyst for change in higher education. I have made it required reading for doctoral students, administrators, and faculty who must update their pedagogy to raise student learning' - Joseph Martin Stevenson, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Jackson State University Action research provides a process for educators to individually and collectively study their own situations, try new practices, evaluate those invations, adjust, and try again. In this second, revised edition, Richard Schmuck demonstrates how educators at all levels can use action research to improve their professional practice and change the culture of their schools, districts, or communities. He shows how educators, by reflecting on their past, present, and future professional practice, can convert frustrations into solvable problems, and offers guidance about the potential pitfalls and challenges experienced when engaging in action research. This updated workbook covers both proactive and responsive models of action research and also includes o Easy-to-understand explanations of methods, steps, and phases o A chapter devoted to questionnaires, interviews, observations, and public documents o Guidelines for both solo and cooperative projects o How-to worksheets that guide readers through the process o Journal-writing activities at the end of every chapter o Case studies of real action research projects Practical Action Research for Change is the essential tool for educators to tailor action research to their specific situation and improve professional practice.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Schmuck is professor emeritus at the University of Oregon, where he chaired the dissertations of 132 doctoral students who are from all parts of the world. He taught thousands of other educators worldwide about action research, group dynamics, and organization development. He has served on the faculties of the University of Michigan, Temple University, and Leuven University (Belgium), was the first president of the International Association for the Study of Cooperation in Education. Schmuck is a visiting Professor at Arizona State University-West. Schmuck is the author of 20 books and 190 articles. His best-known book is Group Processes in the Classroom (with Patricia Schmuck), now in its eighth edition. He received The Stevens Award from the Northwest Women in Educational Administration to honor his support of women in administration and his commitment to equity, justice, and democracy. He received the Campbell Lifetime Achievement Award from the University Council on Educational Administration for superior scholarship, distinguished service, and recognized international leadership and to celebrate an extraordinary and generous career. Schmuck continues to teach, consult, and write.
- Author(s)Richard A. Schmuck
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/06/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.47New
- AU $7.52Used
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.