All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe objective of this book is the application of main theoretical ideas concerning linear programming dual prices to the analysis of specific planning problems. Among the new applied problems considered there are: elimination of production bottlenecks, decentralized planning, river transport, coordination of ecomic interests and production plans, optimal development strategies, mutually profitable trade, pricing for new equipment. Some new theoretical results are also provided (algorithms for block angular linear programs, stability domains of dual prices, conditions for preservation of the optimal basis). The exposition is amply illustrated with numerical examples solved in detail.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Semen Gdalevitch was born in 1927 in Gomel (Byelorussia). In 1960 he graduated from the Mathematical Department of Leningrad University. Since then, he has been actively working on economic and industrial applications of linear programming. In 1967 he received a doctoral degree in Economics. After his application for emigration in 1978 he had to leave the Academy of Sciences and became a refusenik. The last 11 years he worked at the Institute for professional education. In 1992 he emigrated to Germany. He lives in Frankfurt.
- Author(s)Semen Gdalevitch
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/01/1994
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleApproximation & Optimization S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notenumerous tab.
- Weight260 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.