All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPractical Business Negotiation introduces university students to business negotiation as practiced in the globalized business world. There are other textbooks that take on this topic in depth with n-native English speakers in mind. Current textbooks about negotiation tend to be dense, academic and less than practical in content. Many are demotivating to students who are t easily able to consume a few hundred pages of academic writing. This textbook takes a step by step approach, providing bite-sized presentations of negotiation concepts with practical exercises that include linguistic as well as negotiation content. Explanations are reinforced with practical questions and problem solving and recent examples drawn from a business world that includes much more than North America and Europe.
- Author BiographyWilliam W. Baber is an Associate Professor at the Graduate School of Management, Kyoto University, Japan, where he teaches business negotiation, cross cultural management and communication. He was a marketing strategist and business attraction specialist for the Maryland State Department of Business and Economic Development, Baltimore, Maryland, USA from 1998-2005. He has worked frequently with business decision makers from Europe, Asia and around the USA, and has accumulated rich experience in practical business negotiation. Chavi C-Y Fletcher-Chen is a Professor at IESEG School of Management, Universite Catholique de Lille, France, teaching practical negotiation skills, interpersonal communication applied to negotiation and e-negotiation. She has published case studies in the area of negotiation. Coming from an international business background, she has extensive experience in international marketing and conflict management through working for years in international patent, trademark and commercial law firms in the Far East. In addition, she has experience in training commercial managers in cross-cultural communication. She specializes in information communication technologies (ICTs), and has consulted for global companies.
- Author(s)Chavi C-Y Fletcher-Chen,William W. Baber
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, 57 black & white tables, 52 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.