All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title provides detailed advice on all aspects of the complex cheesemaking process for both the commercial cheesemaker in the dairy and the enthusiastic amateur in the kitchen. Topics covered include: necessary equipment and ingredients, scientific processes explained, hygiene and control tests, storage, grading and packing, advice when things go wrong, and cheese recipes. Whether you are making cheese for commercial reasons of simply for your own use, this book should help you to produce a cheese that you can be proud to serve or sell.
- Author BiographyKathy Biss has a National Diploma in Dairying. With five years' experience in the dairy industry, she went on to teach dairy subjects at Cannington College in Somerset. She undertook dairy advisory work and helped milk producers [including the States of Guernsey Dairy] to get the most from their yields. Kathy now manufacturers her own cheese and gives local cheesemaking demonstrations.
- Author(s)Kathy Biss
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2002
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note51 b&w photographs, 16 line drawings
- Weight278 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.