All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPractical Communication Theory, 2nd Edition enables the reader to quickly and easily generate the answers to real-world problems encountered in specifying, testing, and fielding any type of systems that involve radio propagation. It deals with free space radio propagation and propagation near the ground and over the ridge lines. As a bonus, this book also includes a special antenna and propagation slide rule, with unique scales, along with detailed explanations, and examples, of how to use it. Now in its second edition, Practical Communication has been updated to include new material on radio propagation near the earth in communication bands, which also explains how to use the slide rule scales for each of the appropriate propagation modes. The section on dynamic range has been expanded and there is additional material on knife-edge diffraction. The appendices have also been updated to include extra propagation formulae and graphs.
- Author BiographyDave Adamy is an internationally recognised expert in electronic warfare. He has 50 years of experience as a systems engineer and program technical director, developing EW systems from DC to Light, deployed on platforms from submarines to space, with specifications from QRC to high reliability. For the last 30 years, he has run his own company, performing studies for the US Government and defense contractors. He has also presented a number of courses in the US, Europe and Australia on Electronic Warfare and related subjects. He has published over 330 professional articles on Electronic Warfare, receiver system design and closely related subjects, including the popular EW101 column in the Journal of Electronic Defense. He has 15 books in print and is a past National President of the Association of Old Crows.
- Author(s)Dave Adamy
- PublisherSciTech Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication18/08/2014
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleElectromagnetics and Radar
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSciTech Publishing Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures, graphs
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.