All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFor English instructors at every level, the task of producing a worthwhile, workable plan for each class period can prove a perennially nerve-wracking experience. To ease this challenge, this invaluable work offers a vast compilation of writing exercises and in-class activities collected from professors, graduate students and lecturers from colleges and universities across the U.S. Step-by-step instructions guide teachers through class discussions and exercises on topics ranging from invention, argumentation, formatting, thesis development and organization to rhetorical situation, visual rhetoric, peer review and revision. Most entries are designed as stand-alone exercises to fill a standard fifty minute class, but some are expandable to cover multiple class periods and even provide homework assignments. From high school teachers and first-time teaching assistants to experienced writing professors looking to enhance their courses, anyone who teaches English will appreciate the fresh ideas found in this indispensable volume.
- Author BiographyRussell Brickey has taught composition for over a decade. He lives in Youngstown, Ohio. Laura L. Beadling teaches English, film studies, and screenwriting at Youngstown State University. She lives in Youngstown, Ohio. Evelyn Martens is a free-lance writer and editor in Louisiana.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight454 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byEvelyn Martens,Laura L. Beadling,Russell Brickey
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.