Practical Data Analysis with Jmp, Second Edition by Robert Carver (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstand the concepts and techniques of analysis while learning to reason statistically. Being an effective analyst requires that you kw how to properly define a problem and apply suitable statistical techniques, as well as clearly and honestly communicate the results with information-rich visualizations and precise language. Being a well-informed consumer of analyses requires the same set of skills so that you can recognize credible, actionable research when you see it. Robert Carver's Practical Data Analysis with JMP, Second Edition uses the powerful interactive and visual approach of JMP to introduce readers to the logic and methods of statistical thinking and data analysis. It enables you to discriminate among and to use fundamental techniques of analysis, enabling you to engage in statistical thinking by analyzing real-world problems. Application Scenarios at the end of each chapter challenge you to put your kwledge and skills to use with data sets that go beyond mere repetition of chapter examples, and three new review chapters help readers integrate ideas and techniques. In addition, the scope and sequence of the chapters have been updated with more coverage of data management and analysis of data. The book can stand on its own as a learning resource for professionals or be used to supplement a standard college-level introduction-to-statistics textbook. It includes varied examples and problems that rely on real sets of data, typically starting with an important or interesting research question that an investigator has pursued. Reflective of the broad applicability of statistical reasoning, the problems come from a wide variety of disciplines, including engineering, life sciences, business, ecomics, among Practical Data Analysis with JMP, Second Edition introduces you to the major platforms and essential features of JMP and will leave you with a sufficient background and the confidence to continue your exploration independently. This book is part of the SAS Press program.
- Author BiographyRobert Carver is Professor of Business Administration at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts, and Adjunct Professor at the International Business School at Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts. At both institutions, he teaches courses on business analytics in addition to general management courses, and he has won teaching awards at both schools. His primary research interest is statistics education. A JMP user since 2006, Carver holds an A.B. in political science from Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts, and an M.P.P.and Ph.D. in public policy from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor.
- Author(s)Robert Carver
- PublisherSAS Institute
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAS Institute
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight826 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.