Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $170.17+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $118.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionCriminal investigation is a dynamic endeavor impacted by changes in human nature, statutory and constitutional laws, and methods of operation. New challenges are constantly posed for the investigator and the investigation of drug offenses is exception. It takes advanced skills to keep pace with the criminal mind. Unfortunately, the skills acquired in basic police training are just that: basic. In order to stay ahead of their criminal counterparts, drug enforcement officers must seek extensive, ongoing training and kwledge, t just to secure a lawful conviction but to keep themselves and the public safe. This new edition of the bestselling Practical Drug Enforcement provides a thoroughly revised and updated guide to the contemporary aspects of covert criminal investigations and the management of the drug enforcement unit itself. Appealing to a wide variety of law enforcement officers in all jurisdictions, it addresses different methods of detection, investigation, surveillance, and capture of drug traffickers as well as identifies those methods commonly employed by criminals to avoid detection. Drawing from the author's expertise in the field, and as a nationally recognized consultant, this book contains practical hands-on information for the officer in the street and the administrator coordinating operations. This edition includes new drug identification photos, charts, and updated statistics, as well as an entirely new chapter on the surreptitious monitoring of suspects, entrapment, and possession with intent cases. New topics include- * Drug courier profiling * High-tech surveillance, including GPS and thermal imaging * Raid procedures for clandestine labs * Drug diversion by physicians and pharmacies * Searching, seizing, and handling drug evidence * Reverse sting operations * Undercover work, risks, and stress * Informant management Designed as an investigative resource on current drug enforcement techniques, Practical Drug Enforcement, Third Edition allows law enforcement personnel from a variety of jurisdictions and priorities to maintain concurrent initiatives regarding the identification, apprehension, and prosecution of all kwn drug offenders and drug traffickers at local and national levels.
- Author(s)Michael D. Lyman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/11/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePractical Aspects of Criminal & Forensic Investigations
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note29 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.