All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere...at long last...we have it. This is a new type of endgame book. It is a book which explains how to handle those positions that frequently occur in practical play but, curiously, are hardly ever the subject of theoretical works. Most endgame books rely on recycling the established theory on basic positions or concentrate on fantastical studies. This one is different. Well kwn grandmaster and endgame expert Glenn Flear examines all endgames which feature precisely two pieces for each side. Why is this an important subject? Because these situations arise surprisingly frequently in practical play. For example, an examination of any big database will reveal that the endgame of rook and mir piece versus rook and mir piece arises in nearly 20 per cent of games. That means that if you open with 1 e4, you are more likely to reach one of these endgames than you are to face the French Defence, and overall, every time you sit down to play a game of chess, there is nearly a 50 per cent chance that you will reach one of the endgames covered in this book. If you can handle such endgames well, your results will inevitably improve. This book will show you how.
- Author BiographyEnglish Grandmaster Glenn Flear is one of the most popular professionals on the international tournament circuit. Flear is an experienced trainer and has coached some of Britain's leading junior players. He also has many chess books to his name. His earlier works for Everyman Chess include Test Your Endgame Thinking and The...a6 Slav.
- Author(s)Glenn Flear
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication06/09/2007
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1052 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.