All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionSteve Hencher presents a broad and fresh view on the importance of engineering geology to civil engineering projects. Practical Engineering Geology provides an introduction to the way that projects are managed, designed and constructed and the ways that the engineering geologist can contribute to cost-effective and safe project achievement. The need for a holistic view of geological materials, from soil to rock, and of geological history is emphasised. Chapters address key aspects of Geology for engineering and ground modelling Site investigation and testing of geological materials Geotechnical parameters Design of slopes, tunnels, foundations and other engineering structures Identifying hazards Avoiding unexpected ground conditions The book is illustrated throughout with case examples and should prove useful to practising engineering geologists and geotechnical engineers and to MSc level students of engineering geology and other geotechnical subjects.
- Author BiographySteve Hencher is a Director of consulting engineers Halcrow and Research Professor of Engineering Geology at the University of Leeds.
- Author(s)Steve Hencher
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2012
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleApplied Geotechnics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note58 black & white tables, 148 black & white halftones, 115 black & white line drawings
- Weight907 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.