Practical Handbook of School Psychology: Effective Practices for the 21st Century by Edward J. Daly, Gretchen Gimpel Peacock, Ruth A. Ervin, Kenneth W. Merrell (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $109.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $138.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative guide addresses all aspects of school psychology practice in a response-to-intervention (RTI) framework. Thirty-four focused chapters present effective methods for problem-solving-based assessment, instruction, and intervention. Specific guidelines are provided for promoting success in core academic domains--reading, writing, and math--and supporting students' positive behavior and social-emotional functioning. The book also describes ways to team with teachers and parents to develop collaborative solutions and overcome obstacles. Grounded in research, this is an indispensable resource for daily practice and an invaluable text for school psychology training programs.
- Author BiographyGretchen Gimpel Peacock, PhD is Professor and Department Head of Psychology at Utah State University. She served as program director of the School Psychology Program from 1997-2009. Her research, publications, and professional presentations focus on child behavior problems and related family issues, as well as professional issues related to school psychology. She serves on the editorial advisory boards of several school psychology and related journals. Dr. Gimpel Peacock is coauthor of School Psychology for the Twenty-First Century, Second Edition, and Emotional and Behavioral Problems of Young Children, Second Edition, and coeditor of Practical Handbook of School Psychology, among other books. Ruth A. Ervin, PhD, is Associate Professor at the University of British Columbia. Dr. Ervin's research addresses the research-to-practice needs of local school districts and promotes a preventative and problem-solving approach to addressing the academic and emotional-behavioral needs of children and adolescents. Edward J. Daly III, PhD, is Professor of Educational (School) Psychology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Dr. Daly's research and publications are in the areas of developing functional assessment methods for reading problems and the measurement and evaluation of academic and behavioral interventions. Kenneth W. Merrell, PhD, until his death in 2011, was Professor of School Psychology and Director of the Oregon Resiliency Project at the University of Oregon. For 25 years, Dr. Merrell's influential teaching and research focused on social-emotional assessment and intervention for at-risk children and adolescents and social-emotional learning in schools. He published over 90 peer-reviewed journal articles; several books and nationally normed assessment instruments; and the Strong Kids programs, a comprehensive social and emotional learning curriculum. Dr. Merrell was a Fellow of the Division of School Psychology (Division 16) and the Society for Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology (Division 53) of the American Psychological Association. He received the Senior Scientist Award from Division 16, the Division's highest honor for excellence in science.
- Author(s)Edward J. Daly,Gretchen Gimpel Peacock,Kenneth W. Merrell,Ruth A. Ervin
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication20/10/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight1256 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.