Practical Health Promotion by James Woodall, John Hubley, June Copeman (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $46.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of this popular introductory textbook has been fully revised to provide a totally up-to-date guide to the practical aspects of promoting health. Focusing on the range of skills needed to become an effective practitioner, it takes readers step-by-step through the different settings in which health promotion takes place, and the various tools they might employ. The book offers accessible and comprehensive coverage of all the key topics in contemporary health promotion, including chapters on health promotion through the lifespan, one-to-one communication, working with groups, using the media and digital techlogies, advocacy, and planning and management. As well as incorporating the most recent government policies and initiatives in public health, the new edition draws on the very latest literature and statistics. In particular, there is new and expanded material on issues such as: community initiatives and social capital; vel resources offered by digital techlogies; health literacy; health in the media; stress in the workplace, and much more. Throughout the text there are activities to develop students' understanding and encourage reflective practice. Each chapter opens with a list of the central issues and learning objectives, and key terms highlighted in the text are clearly explained. Carefully chosen figures and photographs enliven and reinforce the text, while a well-designed website (www.politybooks.com/healthpromotion) offers up-to-date online resources to test and extend students' learning. The new edition of Practical Health Promotion will continue to be the ideal and indispensable practical guide to health promotion for students at all levels. It will inspire anyone involved with health care to find practical ways of promoting positive change.
- Author BiographyJOHN HUBLEY was formerly Principal Lecturer in Health Promotion at Leeds Beckett University JUNE COPEMAN is Principal Lecturer in Nutrition and Dietetics at Leeds Beckett University JAMES WOODALL is Senior Lecturer in Health Promotion at Leeds Beckett University
- Author(s)James Woodall,John Hubley,June Copeman
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication08/03/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width188 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.