Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $358.12+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $179.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionNewly expanded and updated to meet the needs of today's technicians, Practical Heating Techlogy, 2E offers comprehensive, in-depth coverage of modern heating theory, systems, and service. This book is the perfect on-site resource, providing easily accessible information on all major types of heating systems, including oil, gas, electric, and hydronic systems. A clear, conversational writing style is used to allow readers to quickly and easily grasp important concepts, and develop the termilogy needed to interact with others in the industry, from sales people to fellow technicians. Updates to this 2nd edition include expanded coverage of basic electricity and new units on electric motors and blueprint reading. Thorough, real-world examples, step-by-step explanations, and detailed case studies make this book an indispensable resource that belongs in every technician's toolkit.
- Author BiographyNow retired, Bill Johnson has taught heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration for more than two decades in various technical colleges and factory schools. A graduate of Southern Technical Institute, a branch of Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia, he has also served as Service Manager for a major manufacturer for six years. Mr. Johnson owned his own HVAC/R business for 10 years and has been a member of the Refrigeration Service Engineers Society and the American Society of Heating Refrigerating Air Conditioning Engineers. His authoring credits include three major textbooks on the market today as well as their ancillary materials. He also writes a monthly article -- BTU Buddy -- that is available online. Kevin Standiford has been in the technology fields of Engineering, Manufacturing Processes, HVACR, Process Piping and Robotics for more than 15 years. While attending college to obtain his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology, he worked for McClelland Consulting Engineers as a Mechanical Designer, designing HVAC, complex processing piping, and cogeneration systems for commercial and industrial applications. Mr. Standiford also has experience working for one of the leading HVAC engineering firms in the state of Arkansas, Pettit and Pettit Consulting Engineers, as a Mechanical Design Engineer. His career then led him to teaching engineering, design, and technology courses for Garland County Community College. Maintaining his focus on education, Mr. Standiford has served as an author and consultant for a number of published textbooks and learning resources in the HVAC, CAD, and Plumbing fields. Today he is a full-time consultant working for both the publishing and engineering industries and a part-time instructor.
- Author(s)Bill Johnson,Kevin Standiford
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication27/09/2008
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1320 g
- Width224 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.