Practical Homicide Investigation: Tactics, Procedures, and Forensic Techniques by Vernon J. Geberth (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $170.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $233.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRewned for being THE definitive resource for homicide investigators, Practical Homicide Investigation: Tactics, Procedures, and Forensic Techniques details the recognized protocols used by investigative divisions of major police departments throughout the world. The text is used in most police academies, including the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia. Now in its fifth edition, the book begins with a comprehensive discussion of homicide crime scenes and moves chrologically from initial police tification, the correct police response that follows, and the subsequent steps necessary to conduct an intelligent investigation. It then delves into the more technical aspects of homicide investigation, augmented with numerous pictures and full-color illustrations that involve pertinent case histories. This latest edition includes three new chapters along with fully revised chapters with new case histories and techniques that reflect the latest forensic methods and modern investigative procedures. Highlights of the Fifth Edition Include: *Newly revised Homicide Investigator's Checklist * A new chapter on the latest DNA techlogy * A rewritten chapter on equivocal death investigations that includes staged crime scenes * Additional information on modes of death * Fully updated chapters on death tifications, sex-related homicide, management for police administrators, suicide investigation, and narcotics-related and homosexually based homicides * Over 920 photos and illustrations, 250 new photographs, and several new case histories Eminent author, lecturer, consultant, and expert witness Vern J. Geberth incorporates his more than four and a half decades of real-world law enforcement experience in this quintessential reference. This classic and must-have resource provides the most vital information needed by detectives and police investigators responsible for cases in violent and sudden death. Remember: do it right the first time. You only get one chance. -Vern J. Geberth, M.S., M.P.S., Homicide and Forensic Consultant, Author of Practical Homicide Investigation, and Series Editor of The Practical Aspects of Criminal and Forensic Investigations
- Author(s)Vernon J. Geberth
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePractical Aspects of Criminal & Forensic Investigations
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note917 colour illustrations, 8 black & white tables
- Weight2834 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.