All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHydraulics has a reputation for being a complex, even intimidating, discipline. Put simply, hydraulics is the study of how water and similar fluids behave and can be harnessed for practical use. It is one of the fundamental scientific and engineering subjects and many professions demand a working kwledge of its basic concepts, yet most hydraulics textbooks are aimed at readers with a strong engineering or mathematical background. Practical Hydraulics approaches the subject from basic principles and demonstrates how these are applied in practice. It is clearly written and includes many illustrations and examples. It will appeal to a wide range of professionals and students needing an introduction to the subject, from farmers irrigating crops to fire crews putting out fires with high-pressure water hoses. However hydraulics is t just about water. Many other fluids behave in the same way and so affect a wide range of people from doctors, needing to kw how blood flows in veins, to car designers, wanting to save fuel by reducing drag.
- Author BiographyMelvyn Kay, formerly Senior Lecturer in Hydraulics and Irrigation at Cranfield University, UK, currently practices as a consultant in irrigation water management.
- Author(s)Melvyn Kay
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note10 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.