All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis up to date text addresses primary science teaching in light of the new primary National Curriculum and the latest Teachers' Standards. Aimed at primary trainees and teachers, it provides creative, inspiring and practical ideas and approaches for teaching the full range of science topics. Each chapter is aligned to an area of the new National Curriculum and provides key vocabulary, details of common misconceptions and how to address them, teaching strategies and activities, cross-curricular links and health and safety points. Throughout there is a strong focus on science subject kwledge development and how to translate this into practice in the primary classroom. The book also encourages readers to reflect on their own subject kwledge of science and challenges them to critically evaluate their teaching in order to become more effective.
- Author BiographyVivian Cooke is a senior lecturer in primary science education at the University of Worcester. She began her teaching career as a primary school teacher with responsibility for science, design and technology and ICT. She has worked in two other higher education institutions as a senior lecturer in science on postgraduate, undergraduate and Masters' courses as well as being course leader for early years, primary and the two-year PGCE. Colin Howard is a senior primary lecturer in Initial Teacher Education (ITE) at the University of Worcester. He has been involved in primary education for over 24 years of which 14 years has been as a successful head teacher in both small village and large primary school settings. He has been involved in inspecting schools for the Diocese of Hereford as a S48 SIAS Inspector. He has recently been awarded a Phd linked to his interest in the influence that school buildings have upon their stakeholders.
- Author(s)Colin Howard,Vivian Cooke
- PublisherCritical Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCritical Teaching
- Place of PublicationNorthwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintCritical Publishing Ltd
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations
- Weight298 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.