All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers all of the information needed to design LEDs into end-products. It is a practical guide, primarily explaining how things are done by practicing engineers. Equations are used only for practical calculations, and are kept to the level of high-school algebra. There are numerous drawings and schematics showing how things such as measurements are actually made, and showing curcuits that actually work. There are practical tes and examples embedded in the text that give pointers and how-to guides on many of the book's topics. After reading each chapter of the book, readers will have the kwledge to implement practical designs. This book will be kept as a reference tool for years to come.
- Author BiographyRON LENK is an authority in the field of power electronics and systems. The author of the bestselling Practical Design of Power Supplies (Wiley), he has spent the last seven years working on LEDs and lighting. Most recently, Lenk cofounded and was CEO at SuperBulbs, Inc., which makes general service LED light bulbs. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, has twelve issued patents, and thirteen more pending in the field of lighting. CAROL LENK is cofounder and Director of Engineering at SuperBulbs, Inc. She earned a B.S. in electrical engineering from MIT and a master's in math and science education.One of the pioneers in applying LEDs to general lighting, Lenk has five years' experience combining theoretical concepts with practical engineering in fields as diverse as optics, thermal modeling, material science, electronics, and mechanical design, with more than a dozen patents pending, all relating to LED lighting.
- Author(s)Carol Lenk,Ron Lenk
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/04/2011
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleIEEE Press Series on Power Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight532 g
- Width164 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.