Practical Literacy Coaching: A Collection of Tools to Support Your Work by Jan Miller Burkins (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on her work as a literacy coach and an instructional coach, it became apparent to Jan Miller Burkins that parallels and overlaps exist in the work coaches do with teachers. Many coaches were inventing and reinventing the same tools. This repetition of effort led Burkins to compile this collection of tools and resources. The diversity of literacy coaching demands that coaches must be competent across many levels of interaction with people and must have expertise in an array of areas from communication to techlogy to literacy research. This resource provides specific tools and resources that respond to those needs.
- Author BiographyJan Miller Burkins is currently completing her sixth year as a full-time coach at Chase Street Elementary School, Athens, Georgia. She has worked as a language arts consultant for a regional educational service agency, a district-level literacy coordinator, a reading specialist, and an elementary classroom teacher. Her work as a consultant has taken her into elementary, middle, and high schools where she has helped school leaders examine their reading instruction, modeled lessons, and facilitated professional learning. Burkins is also a part-time assistant professor at the University of Georgia, where she teaches classes to students pursuing graduate degrees in literacy education. She has also developed a series of courses for educators interested in becoming literacy coaches. Burkins is the author of Coaching for Balance: Meeting the Challenges of Literacy Coaching. In 1989, Burkins received her undergraduate degree in early childhood education from Birmingham-Southern College in Birmingham, Alabama, and in 1993 her master's from the University of Alabama. She later earned her reading specialist certification and her doctorate from the University of Kansas in 1999. Her dissertation, which was a meta-analysis of the research on phonemic awareness, was the Dissertation of the Year for the University of Kansas School of Education and one of three finalists for the International Reading Association's Dissertation of the Year.
- Author(s)Jan Miller Burkins
- PublisherInternational Reading Association
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNewark
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInternational Reading Association
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight569 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.