All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt has been estimated that more than 8090 of the world's scientists who have ever lived are still alive today. It would t be unreasonable to suggest that more than 95% of those who have ever used a mass spectrometer are t only alive but are still actively employed. Most have never had any formal training in the subject since, with a few table exceptions, universities have only recently begun to offer courses in mass spectrometry. We have written this book for the student of modern mass spectro- metry: it is for the vice who wished to kw what the instruments can do and how the techniques can be applied. There are other books on the market which delve into the history of mass spectrometry and go deeply into the mathematical theory and instrumentation. There are yet more books which guide one through the art of interpreting spectra. We have deliberately avoided these topics so that the reader is confronted only with the basic principles and is allowed a taste of the applications. One of the best methods of deVeloping a useful textbook is to teach a course based upon its content. This is what we did. We met in Houston in 1976 to teach a course on Perspectives in Mass Spectrometry and to coordinate our writing. The authors of five of the chapters met again in St.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight617 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byBrian S. Middleditch
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.