All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPractical Pharmacology in Rehabilitation takes an interdisciplinary look at the effects of medications on recovering patients and assists rehabilitation professionals in designing patient-specific therapy plans. It explains the necessary pharmacology and then focuses on the relationship between medications and the rehabilitation process. Throughout the text more than 100 easy-to-use tables provide quick access to information, including potential side effects affecting rehabilitation for common medications used in treatment for many conditions and other possible side effects or considerations. Expanded versions of many of these tables are offered as downloadable PDFs in the accompanying web resource. This book deals with the safe and effective use of medications in rehabilitation.
- Author BiographyLynette L. Carl is an assistant professor of clinical practice at the University of Florida College of Pharmacy and a clinical instructor in pharmacology at South University in Tampa, Florida. She has significant experience in developing clinical pharmacy programmes to improve clinical pharmacy practice and patient care. Joseph A. Gallo serves as director and associate professor of the athletic training programme in the sport and movement science department at Salem State University in Salem, Massachusetts. Peter R. Johnson, earned his MS and PhD in speech-language pathology from the University of Pittsburgh and an executive graduate degree in health care financial management from Ohio State University. He has worked in acute-care hospitals, home care, outpatient clinics and long-term care.
- Author(s)Joseph A. Gallo,Lynette L. Carl,Peter R. Johnson
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication19/08/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note7 black & white halftones
- Weight1656 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.