All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerformance measurement and attribution are key tools in informing investment decisions and strategies. Performance measurement is the quality control of the investment decision process, enabling money managers to calculate return, understand the behaviour of a portfolio of assets, communicate with clients and determine how performance can be improved. Focusing on the practical use and calculation of performance returns rather than the academic background, Practical Portfolio Performance Measurement and Attribution provides a clear guide to the role and implications of these methods in today's financial environment, enabling readers to apply their kwledge with immediate effect. Fully updated from the first edition, this book covers key new developments such as fixed income attribution, attribution of derivative instruments and alternative investment strategies, leverage and short positions, risk-adjusted performance measures for hedge funds plus updates on presentation standards. Complete with a CD containing worked examples for the majority of exhibits, the book covers the mathematical aspects of the topic in an accessible and practical way, making this book an essential reference for anyone involved in asset management.
- Author BiographyCARL BACON CIPM, is Chairman of StatPro, a data and software development specialist providing services for the asset management industry. He also runs his own consultancy business providing advice to asset managers on various risk and performance measurement issues. Prior to joining StatPro, Carl was Director of Risk Control and Performance at Foreign & Colonial Management Ltd., Vice President Head of Performance (Europe) for J P Morgan Investment Management Inc., and Head of Performance for Royal Insurance Asset Management. Carl holds a B.Sc. Hons. in Mathematics from Manchester University, is an executive committee member of Investment-Performance.com and also an associate tutor for 7city Learning. A founder member of both the Investment Performance Council and GIPS(r), Carl is ex-chair of the IPC Interpretations & IPC Verification Sub-Committees, and is a member of the Advisory Board of the Journal of Performance Measurement. Author of the first edition of Practical Portfolio Performance Measurement & Attribution published in 2004 as part of the Wiley Finance Series, Carl is also Editor of Advanced Portfolio Attribution Analysis.
- Author(s)Carl R. Bacon
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2008
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight862 g
- Width178 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.