All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn ideal power system operation is the pinnacle of safety, reliability, and efficiency. In Practical Power System Operation, Ebrahim Vaahedi addresses system operators viewpoints in handling power system operation issues, a holistic approach that electrical textbooks rarely take. The book covers developments in the energy landscape, energy management systems, and distribution management systems with practical applications that meet architecture and infra-structure requirements. Professional engineers and engineering students at all levels can benefit from an expert s unique perspective on efficient power systems. BC Hydro has included this book as part of the operator training material provided to new operators. If you are an instructor and would like the solutions manual for this text, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author BiographyDR. EBRAHIM VAAHEDI has over thirty years of power industry experience in power system operation and power system planning, as well as the development and deployment of decision support tools. He currently leads the Operations Technology Department at BC Hydro, where he is responsible for Operations Technology strategy development and solution delivery. He obtained his BSc from Sharif University of Technology, and MSc and PhD degrees from Imperial College, University of London. As an IEEE Fellow, Dr. Vaahedi fulfills multiple roles for the IEEE. He is currently an Officer of the Power System Operation Committee and recently served as the Technical Chair of the IEEE 2013 PES General Meeting in Vancouver. He is an Adjunct Professor at the University of British Columbia and Sharif University of Technology. He has authored over 100 papers and won the IEEE PES Prize Paper award in 2004.
- Author(s)Ebrahim Vaahedi
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication09/05/2014
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleIEEE Press Series on Power Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width156 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.