Practical Procedures in Anaesthesia and Critical Care by Christopher J. Whiten, Neil Soni, Guy Jackson (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.49+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe ability to perform a wide variety of practical procedures safely and competently is essential for any doctor involved in the practice of anaesthesia and intensive care. Junior doctors especially are w called upon to gain competence in many invasive practical procedures in an increasingly short space of time, whilst also understanding the theory behind them. This highly practical book is the only guide needed to the procedures and techniques commonly used in anaesthesia and critical care medicine. Step-by-step, it clearly explains each technique and procedure, enabling the reader to fully understand how and why they are performed. Full colour photographs illustrate each technique, and every chapter covers the same essential information: definition, indications, contraindications, complications, equipment, sites, and technique, for ease of use. This book will be used by all junior trainees in anaesthesia, along with junior doctors from other specialities working in intensive care units. It will also be useful to any senior anaesthetist who wishes to update or refresh their kwledge, as well as anyone working in the emergency ward who performs any of these procedures.
- Author BiographyGuy Jackson graduated from Southampton University in 1998, beginning his anaesthetic career in 2002. He worked in Chichester, Portsmouth and in the Imperial School of Anaesthesia before his appointment as a consultant at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading in 2009. Christopher Whiten is a consultant anaesthetist currently working in London. He studied medicine at University College London Medical School, graduating in 1996. Following graduation he went on to work in hospitals throughout London, initially in medicine, and then started training in anaesthesia in 2001. Neil Soni trained in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care in Sydney, Australia, before being appointed Senior Lecturer at Westminster Hospital, UK in 1985. He then became a Consultant in Intensive Care and Anaesthesia at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, before becoming Consultant Anaesthetist and Intensivist at Imperial College, London, UK.
- Author(s)Christopher J. Whiten,Guy Jackson,Neil Soni
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/12/2010
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Specialty Training: Techniques
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteOver 90 high quality, full colour line drawings and photographs
- Weight482 g
- Width209 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.