All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPractical Social Research is a working guide to doing 'real life' research in the local community. Based on the authors' own practice, it proposes a partnership between students and community organisations that both meets community needs and developes students' research skills. The book provides detailed coverage of the 'scientific', ethgraphic and feminist traditions in social research data collection and analysis, together with information on how to go about negotiating viable projects, developing personal transferable skills, and presenting and assessing reports.
- Author BiographyDAVID HALL and IRENE HALL both gained MA degrees in sociology from the University of Manchester. From there they moved to Swansea, where David Hall worked at the Medical Sociology Research Centre, gaining his PhD, and Irene Hall was a Research Fellow for the Community Development Project in the South Wales Valleys. Now living on the Wirral, they both work in Liverpool, teaching and researching at the University of Liverpool and the Liverpool Institute of Higher Education respectively.
- Author(s)David Hall,Irene M. Hall
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/07/1996
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width145 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJo Campling
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.